CADS Ctte mtg June 2017

CADS Ctte mtg June 2017

Loading Map....

Date/Time
Tue 6th June
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Location
The Portcullis Pub


Minutes of the CADS committee meeting 06.06.17

Attending

  • Jocelyn Egginton (Chair)

  • Tom Brown (Secretary)

  • Louise Waller (Treasurer)

  • Megan King (Publicity)

  • Helen Yuan

Apologies

  • Lucy Black

  • Kate Ryan (Socials/Workshops)

 

Minutes of last meeting

  • Need to pay the Minstrels from Shakesbeer; Jos to get Sarah’s bank details to Louise so that she can pay them.

Show Updates

Sleeping Beauty

  • Tom is assured by the writer, Rob, that the script will be completed by the end of June. And if it isn’t he will unleash the wrath of the producers on him.

Entertaining Mr Sloane

  • We now have the performance rights, which cost £340.80  Lucy to settle this up

  • It is the 50th anniversary of the author, Samuel French’s, death, so this should hopefully increase audience prospects.

  • Tom to tweak the poster and get the completed version to Paul and the committee.

  • Megan to set up a facebook group for the readthrough on the 25th of June

  • Paul to send Megan a blurb for the show

  • We have a costumier for the show, Jan Hernen, who did the costumes for Audacity, we still need a pair of leather trousers, or an actor with their own pair.

  • We still need a Props person

  • We still need a lighting/sound person, could possibly get Jude who did audacity?

  • Set-wise we need a vintage sofa and an old record player

  • Paul to write a list of set pieces needed, which he will get the STA to make early on.

  • Richard Farrer to Stage Manage?

  • Flyers to be made, which are relatively cheap and a good way of getting people in for an Alma show

  • Program for the performance? Megan to look into it.

  • Sponsorship to cover the cost of the program? Usually only about £25 needed.

  • Make sure that the rehearsal schedule is available at the readthroughs

  • Production meeting before the first rehearsal is set for mid July.

 Publicity

  • Tom to give Megan the imagery and blurbs for the panto asap.

  • Tom to give the agreed Entertaining Mr Sloane imagery to Megan.

    Megan  to set up facebook events for the Entertaining Mr Sloane auditions.

    Socials

  • Tom to get the imagery for the Bad Romance social/workshop to Megan asap.

  • Megan  to look into getting lots of fun props for Bad Romance Jos has lots

  • Megan to think about some kind of autumn social around the end of Entertaining Mr Sloane and the start of Sleeping Beauty.

Web

  • The website is now ssl certified, which means that it’s better for search engine optimisation.

  • Still some problems with email forwarding

  • Shakesbeer photos are now on the G Drive

  • Jos to put the shakesbeer photos onto the website

  • Megan to provide Jos with quick explanations of who/what the photos contain.

Stores

  • We still need a permanent residence.

  • Megan  to ask Paula about the possibility of using space in Clifton Library.

  • Lucy  to give us an update on the stores situation when possible.

AOB

  • Jos has some bank statements to give to Louise.

  • 2018 shows to have a Proposals meeting October or November time.