Mon 9th April
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The Portcullis Pub
Minutes of the CADS committee meeting 10.04.18
- Jocelyn Egginton (Chair)
- Tom Brown (Secretary)
- Lucy Black (Deputy Treasurer)
- Charles Hutchence (Workshops)
- Megan King (Publicity)
- Kate Ryan (Socials)
- Louise Waller (Treasurer)
Minutes of the last committee meeting
- All good
Shakesbeer: Midsummer Madness
- 1st read through was great success, looks like it’s going to be a great show, very good characters and actors and should be very funny.
- Large cast (at least 15 people) with several repeats from Sleeping Beauty and one from the Arcadia readthrough.
- Official name is now assigned as MIDSUMMER MADNESS
- Megan to help with publicity
- Tom to do the art design
- 20 tickets have already been pre-booked
- Kate believes that the show will be 90 minutes long, this may prove to be an under-estimation as rehearsals progress, some cutting may be required, but it’s in the hands of the production team.
- Budget: Refreshments from the cast are down to 50 quid from 100. Overall budget approved by the committee
- Ticket price set at a flat rate of £8 per ticket. Children (below 10) go free.
Sword fighting workshop
- The one in March went very well, was great success and we should definitely ask Tom Bridges to run another one, possibly after Shakesbeer.
- Hope Chapel has not invoices us yet
- The photos look awesome (especially Lucy, according to Lucy)
April Pub Quiz: TO BEER OR NOT TO BEER, THAT IS THE QUESTION
- The Lansdown. 7:30 on the 19th of April – food available
- Official new title approved, love it.
- Lucy & Louise are writing the quiz.
- Charles to quizmaster
- Lucy to send info of the event to the mailing list
- Tom to make the Facebook event.
- One act play rehearsed reading in groups, with each group performing a scene
- Jos has a fun Vampire/spooky script we could use
- Charlie to try and find a suitable venue/time, good option would be The Lansdown on a Tuesday or Wednesday so as not to class with Shakesbeer. Nova Scotia is also an option.
June/July: Picnic/Sports Day
- June 7th or 14th or another day in July (Lucy to check if other events on The Downs are likely to clash.)
- Fancy Dress?
- Louise to liaise with Megan so that Megan to do the publicity for Shakesbeer.
- Louise to liaise with Paul regarding publicity for The Anniversary.
- We have no times for Shakesbeer yet and we can’t sell tickets on the website until we have them. Louise to badger Kate for these.
- Ideally we will only sell tickets through the website online. Louise to liaise with Paula about how ticket sales through Clifton Library will work. It would be a lot easier for us if the Library can direct customers to our website. Business cards with all the essential info?
Date & Location of next meeting
- 8pm on the 8th of May at the Lansdown (NOT PORTCULLIS)
- Rob Egginton would like to borrow some lights. All OK. Lucy to take these back when he’s done with them.
- Thanks to Jos for hosting.